Betacam SP Editing Recorder/Player
Model DetailsIts compatibility with BVW series Betacam SP products and peripherals make it an easy way to upgrade current systems. It features built-in TBC, built-in TC generator/reader, full editing control facility, 90 min record/playback, 24 times picture search, RS-422 remote interface, Y/C input/output and component video (Y, R-Y, B-Y) inputs/outputs. It records on metal particle tape and will playback any Betacam or Betacam SP recorded tape.
- High Speed Picture Search Picture search can be made at various speeds over a range of up to 24 times normal speed in forward and reverse by using the search dial mode incorporated on the unit. A recognizable color picture can be obtained at up to ten times (24 times in monochrome
- RS-422A Serial Interface (9-pin) Provided for versatile editing system expansion and flexible system control.
- Superior Picture Quality This format uses the component recording, which the chrominance signals (R-Y, B-Y)are time compressed and recorded on one track, using CTDM (Compressed Time Division Multiplex) system originally developed by Sony, while the luminance signal is recorded on
- High Quality Audio Thanks to the tape speed of the format and the adoption of the proven Dolby C-type NR, the PVW-2800 offers high quality audio with a wide dynamic range even at high frequencies, minimum distortion and excellent S/N ratio.
- Longer Playback Time Both L-size and S-size cassettes are accepted, giving playback times of over 90 minutes and over 30 minutes respectively.
- Built-in Time Base Corrector A superior quality output video is obtained directly from the PVW-2650, with no additional time base correction required. Advanced high quality digital dropout compensation also ensures consistent picture performance.
- Character Display A built-in character generator is provided and characters can be superimposed on the signal from Video Output 3 or the Monitor Output. It displays either time code reader data or CTL timer data. VTR function status, including shuttle tape speed, can also
- TBC Remote Control In addition to the built-in TBC adjustment of the PVW-2800, remote adjustments may be performed using the optional BVR-50 connected via the D-sub 15-pin cable to the real panel connector (TBC REMOTE).
- Built-in Time Code Generator/Reader The generation and reading of both VITC and LTC to the SMPTE format, together with user bits, come as standard. LTC can be automatically recorded on the dedicated time code track. Time code or user bits settings can be easily executed using the HOLD/SET b
- User Friendly Dial Menu Operation Provides an initial setup menu which has easy accessibility and simple operation. This initial setup menu allows many operational parameters to be preset for operator convenience. The initial setup menu is scrolled and modified by the search dial while mo
- Improved Serviceability For easy maintenance and servicing comprehensive self-diagnostics is provided. A digital hour meter is also fitted to indicate the accumulation times of power on, drum rotation and tape running. It can also display the number of threading/unthreading oper
- Detachable Control Panel Can be tilted at up to 90 degrees. Alternatively, the control panel can be removed from the machine to provide remote control from a distance of up to 5m by using the optional BKW-2010 Control Panel Extension Kit and BK-803 Control Panel Case.
- 19-inch EIA Standard Rack Mountable With the optional RMM-100, the PVW-2800 can be mounted into a 19-inch EIA standard rack without taking off the side panel.
- Operating temperature - 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
- Humidity - Less than 80% relative humidity
- Luminance (50% modulation) - MPT:30Hz to 4.5mhz(+0.5/-4.0)dBOT:30Hz to 4.0mhz(+0.5/-6.0)dB
- K-factor (2T pulse) - MPT:Less than 2% OT:Less than 3%
- Chrominance - REF VIDEO IN (BNC) - MPT AM:More than 53dB MPT PM:More than 53dBOT AM:More than 50dB OT PM:More than 50dB
- Tape speed - GENERAL: - 11.86cm/sec.
- Tape media used - GENERAL: - Metal Particle Tape (MPT) Oxide Tape (OT)
- Fast forward/rewind time - GENERAL: - Less than 3 min. with BCT-90ML
- Search speed - GENERAL: - Shuttle:19 steps, STILL to 24X normal, Fwd & Rev. Jog:Frame by frame, forward and reverse
- Color difference (50% modulation) - VIDEO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:30Hz to 1.5mhz(+0.5/-3.0)dB OT:30Hz to 1.5mhz(+0.5/-3.0)dB
- Signal to noise ratio (luminance component IN/OUT) - VIDEO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:More than 51dBOT:More than 48dB
- Differential gain - VIDEO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:Less than 3% OT:Less than 3%
- Differential phase - VIDEO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:Less than 3° OT:Less than 3°
- Y/C delay - VIDEO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:Less than 20nsec. OT:Less than 20nsec.
- Frequency response - AUDIO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:50Hz to 15kHz (+1.5/-3.0)dB OT:50Hz to 15kHz (+3.0/-3.0)dB
- Signal to noise ratio (at 3% distortion level) - AUDIO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:More than 72dBOT:More than 50dB (Dolby NR off)
- Wow and flutter - AUDIO PERFORMANCE: - MPT:Less than 0.1%rms OT:Less than 0.1%rms
- Audio LINE OUT (XLR 3-pin male, CH1/2) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - +4dBu, 600Ohms, balanced
- Audio MONITOR OUT (XLR 3-pin male, CH1/2) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - +4dBu, 600Ohms, balanced
- U-matic DUB OUT (with an optional BKW-2020) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Y: 1.7Vp-p, 51Ohms C: 0.9Vp-p, 51Ohms
- S-video OUT - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Y: 1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms C: 0.286Vp-p (burst), 75Ohms
- Time code out (BNC) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - 1.2Vp-p, 75Ohms
- Other I/O - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - REMOTE IN/OUT9-pin, female TBC REMOTE15-pin, male MONITOR8-pin, female HEADPHONESJM-60 headphone stereo jack
- Processor adjustment range - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Video level±3dB Chroma level±3dB Setup Level0 to +15 IRE Hue±15° System SC phase360°p-p System sync phase+3 to -1µsec. Y/C delay±50 nsec.
- Power requirements - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - AC 90 to 265V, 48 to 64Hz
- Power consumption - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - 150W
- Storage temperature - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Signal outputs - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - VIDEO OUT 1 (BNC)Composite video, 1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative VIDEO OUT 2 (BNC)Composite video, 1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative VIDEO OUT 3 (BNC)Composite video, 1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative, w/wo character insertion
- Record/playback time - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - More than 90 min. with BCT-90ML More than 30 min. with BCT-30M
- Distortion T.H.D. (at 1kHz reference level) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - MPT:Less than 1% OT:Less than 2%
- Video IN (BNC) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Composite video, 1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative
- Component IN 1 (12-pin male) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Luminance:1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative Color difference:R-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms, B-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms
- Component IN 2 (BNC x 3) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Luminance:1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative Color difference:R-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms, B-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms
- S-video IN - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Y: 1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms C: 0.286Vp-p (burst), 75Ohms
- Audio IN CH-1/2 (XLR 3-pin female) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - LOW-60dBu, 3KOhms, balanced HIGH+4dBu, 600Ohms/10kOhms selectable, balanced
- Time code in (BNC) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - 0.5V to 18Vp-p, 10kOhms
- Component OUT 1 (12-pin male) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Luminance:1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative Color difference:R-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms, B-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms
- Component OUT 2 (BNC x 3) - SIGNAL OUTPUTS: - Luminance:1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms, sync negative Color difference:R-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms, B-Y: 0.7Vp-p, 75Ohms
Additional Detailed Information:
- TBC Remote Control
- Built-in Time Code Generator/Reader
- High Speed Picture Search
- Character Display
- Versatile System Interface
- User Friendly Dial Menu Operation
- Improved Serviceability
- Detachable Control Panel
- 19-inch EIA Standard Rack Mountable
- BK803 - Control Panel Case
- Supplied: RCC5G - 9 Pin Cable, 5 Meter
- Supplied: RCC5G/US - RS-422 Cable
- BKW2010 - Control Panel Extension Kit
- BKW2020 - U-matic dub output kit
- BVR50 - TBC Remote Control
- BVX10 - Component Color Corrector
- RMM110/US - 19" Rack Mount Kit
- VDCC5 - Dubbing Cable For Bvx10
Get Adobe PDF Reader