Combining all the demanding characteristics of both the highest-performance data recorders and today's cost-effective computer tape drives, Sony's DIR120 12 mm Helical Scan Instrumentation Recorder is a half-inch compact model featuring high-capacity recording, (250 Gigabytes/cassette) and a high data transfer rate (up to 120 Megabits/sec). And amazingly, for ultra-large archive applications, the DIR-120 can be mounted in PetaSite -- the DMS8400 Series tape robotic libraries -- to build enormous data storage systems. These systems can provide capacities of up to 14 PB -- huge enough to match any likely system requirements for today and tomorrow.
- 12 mm Helical Scan Instrumentation Recorder
- Variable-rate recording and playback at 0 Mbits/sec to 120 Mbits/sec
- Storage capacity up to 250 Gigabytes on a single standard cassette
- Utilized 8-bits parallel (ECL data and clock) data I/O
- Controlled remotely via RS-232C or RS-422A
- Incorporates both IRIG A/B Time Code as a standard feature
- Fully compatible for playback on Sony's DTF-2™ computer tape drives
- Support's Sony's PetaSite™ Mass Storage Automated Tape Libraries
- Long recording time: 276 minutes for L-cassette and 82 minutes for S-cassette at 120 Mb/sec.
- IRIG A or IRIG B time code interface: Both IRIG B time code I/O (100 b/sec) and IRIG A time code I/O (1 kb/sec) are provided as a standard feature; data is recorded on the helical track to offer precise search capability.
- Compact design: Has the same space-saving mechanism as the GY-Series of DTF tape drives; they are easily installed alongside existing half-inch Sony recorders in tape-based robotic libraries such as the Sony DMS-B35 and PetaSite.
- Data transfer rates of up to 30 MB/sec: High-speed, 8-bit Parallel I/O ports provides a variable data transfer rate of up to 120 Mb/sec; alternatively, the Ultra Wide Differential SCSI Interface features a burst playback transfer rate of 20 MB/sec; sustained transfer rates via this interface are 15 MBytes/sec.Read compatibility with DTF-2™: Read compatibility with the latest version of the Sony Digital Tape Format.
- Remote control interface: Can be selected to either RS-232C or RS-422A to provide the appropriate interface for external equipment.
- System flexibility: Three optional ports are available to provide communications controls, maintenance flexibility, and network support.
- Storage capacity (formatted): L-Cassette: 250 GB; S-Cassette: 74 GB
- Recording time: L-cassette: 276 min, S-Cassette: 82 min
- Data transfer rate: Variable rate I/F: 0 to 120 Mbps; SCSI IF: 15 MB/s (sustained)
- Buffer memory: 256 MB
- Bit error rate: 1 x 10-13 bit or less
- Recording media: 1/2-inch metal particle tape -- L-cassette: DI-250GL (250 GB); S-cassette: DI-74GS (74 GB)
- Data: 8-bit parallel I/O: 8 bit parallel ECL differential; SCSI: Ultra Wide Differential SCSI (read only)
- Time code: IRIG A and IRIG B (AC code) (BNC)
- Remote: RS-422A or RS-232C (D-sub 25-pin)
- Option: RS-232C x 2 (D-sub 25-pin); 10Base-T Ethernet
- Power requirements: AC 100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz, 400 Hz
- Power consumption: 100 V 2.8 A/ 240 V 1.2A
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
- Operationg humidity: 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
- Weight: 50.71 lb
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 12 1/2 x 8 3/4 x 19 1/4 inches (Excluding protruding parts)
Website powered by JP Claude, INC.Copyright © 2022 BCS.tv All Rights Reserved.